A developer (Rolton Kilbride) have released plans for a renewable energy centre on the Hillthorn Business Park in Washington adjacent to the Nissan plant. This is going to be a 215,000 tonne capacity plant, the chimney stack will be 187f tall that's 27ft higher than Durham House at the Galleries. The main building is 118ft at its highest point making this gasification/incinerator plant by far the largest in the world.
Here are a few images of what they have planned:
This is what the plant will look like, notice the chimney stack is at the rear of the picture to make it look smaller, it will be 187f that's 27ft higher than Durham House at the Galleries. The main building is 118ft at its highest point.
It is expected that there will be in excess off 70 trucks per day running in and out of this plant, below are the plans of the proposed site. Please note the firefighting tank top circle on the plan, these incinerators are massive fire and explosion risks.
Look at the comparison with durham house.
Latest News & Recent Posts
- Interesting activity on the proposed site… January 26, 2018
- You can STILL object!!! January 24, 2018
- ‼️VOLUNTEERS WANTED!! January 18, 2018
- MESSAGE FROM SHARON HODGSON, MP FOR WASHINGTON AND SUNDERLAND WEST: January 12, 2018
- Plume Plotter December 1, 2017
- Motion raised in Parliament… November 29, 2017
- latest update… objections link… November 29, 2017
- Council meeting Update!! November 22, 2017
- Council meeting on Wednesday… November 17, 2017
- Thank you for your donations… November 15, 2017